This year Kirki got 5 years old and broke the 2 million downloads barrier.
It was a big year with a lot of improvements in all areas of the plugin.
I wrote a lot of code, replaced a big part of our old codebase and there were major refactors across the board. As a developer I grow through Kirki, I discover new techniques and strive to improve it all the time.
However, while working on the Kirki plugin in 2018 one thing became evident. Things need to change. Kirki can’t move forward in its current form. It is bloated with a lot of code that the majority of theme developers will never use, or code that they use and I wish they never did (like for example using the